New Dynamic YouTube Gallery - Embed YouTube Playlist, Channel, Live Stream in minutes. Read More

Problems with "category table." After upgrade

• Penn
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Problems with "category table." After upgrade was created by Penn

Okay guys, I'm really hoping someone can help me solve a problem I've got. I've been using this fantastic component on my 1.5 Joomla! website for quite a while now. Just recently I migrated to 2.5. In hindsight I think I should have tried to find out if there was a specific upgrade process that I needed to undertake in order to get things working properly on my 2.5 website. Anyway, I didn't and that is probably why I have got a couple of problems. If I go into the settings within all videos share and then go to categories, there are no categories listed at all. However, all the videos are in the video section. Also, when I set up a menu, I can point my menus to each category as they are visible in "select a category." So I have various categories on my website. I'm not able to create any new categories either. As soon as I click save. I get the following error message .

500 - An error has occurred.
TableAllVideoShareCategories: :store failed
Unknown column 'parent' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `j25_allvideoshare_categories` (`name`,`slug`,`parent`,`type`,`thumb`,`access`,`metakeywords`,`metadescription`,`published`) VALUES ('Angry Kid','angry-kid','0','upload',' img.youtube.com/vi/default.jpg','public','','','1 ')

It's obviously got something to do with the categories table. I still have the old database with the all categories, I just tried reinstalling it but it made no difference. Any ideas guys?

As you can see here, everything else is working

www.tetraplegicliving.com/my-music/madness-videos
11 years 1 week ago #5427

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1451

Replied by Administrator on topic Re: Problems with "category table." After upgrade

It's due to the missing fields in categories table.

Kindly mail me the following details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. So, I can fix this directly,

- Joomla admin details

- MYSQL access (CPanel) details
11 years 1 week ago #5428

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

We accept cookies to provide you the best viewing experience. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies